Easter is around the corner and time just hopped on past me! We made this card at the Gastonia Stamp Camp and all had a hoppy time assembling these cards.
Directions for Base
1. Cut a 4-1/4″ x 11″ piece of Marina Mist (#119682) cardstock and fold in half. This is your base.
2. Cut (2) 4″ x 5-1/4″ pieces of Whisper White Card #100730. (1) is for inside your card and the (1) is for top of card. Using your Big Shot and Embossing folder, run 1 piece thru an embossing folder to add texture. I used the Decorative Dots from the Sale-A-Bration but I could see the Framed Tulips #121809 or Perfect Polka Dots #117335 used.
3. Adhere the embossed sheet to the base.
Directions for Flower Pot
1. Cut a square 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ Designer Paper. Drop down 1/2 way on each side cut a slight angle to give it a flower-pot shape. Edge the flower-pot in color of choice to give it more depth.
3. Cut a 2 3/4″ x 3/4″ Wild Wasabi card stock #108641 stripe for the flower-pot lip, edge in color of choice and adhere to the pot. Align to top of flower-pot and adhere. (Do not adhere to card base at this time)
Punches for Rabbit
1. Ears & Neck: Punch 3 Large Oval (1 3/4″ x 7/8″) #119855 from Baked Brown Sugar card stock #131296
2. Inner Ears: Punch 2 Medium Oval (1 1/2″ x 3/4″) (retired) from Blushing Bride card stock #131198
3. Mouth: Punch 1 Small Oval #120908 from Whisper White card stock #100730
4. Head: Punch 1 Ornament (retired) from Baked Brown Sugar
5. Feet: Punch 1 Modern Label #119849 from Baked Brown Sugar
6. Nose: Punch 1 Little Labels Punch #126861 from Basic Black card stock #121045
1. Mouth: Place a small glue dot or glue on the end of the Little Labels and adhere to the small oval (whisper white). Trim off even with white card stock. Add pink for cheeks and add pop dot to back and add to ornament punch (head). I added googly eyes since every time I tried to free hand the eyes, my bunny looked evil :).
2. Adhere 1 large oval (neck) to head (see picture below)
3. Adhere pink oval to large oval. Depending on the neck height you will need to play around with the angle and height of the ears. Make sure it will fit on the card by adjusting the neck and ears.
4. Place pop dots on rabbit and flower-pot and adhere to card.
Categories: Card Samples