Spring will be here before you know! I’m ready and thank goodness North Carolina (my area anyway), has not seen snow nor ice! I fell in love with this Butterflies Bundle the minute I laid eyes on it! I wanted the butterfly to be the star of this card, so I kept it simple, sweet and easy. This is a quick hit card when you need one.
- Cut a 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ piece of Wisteria Wonder Cardstock and fold it in half (score at 4 1/4″) . This is your base.
- Cut 2 – 5 1/4″ x 4″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock. One will be used for the inside of card.
- Stamp the greeting or sentiment of your choice in Wisteria Wonder in the bottom left hand corner. I used the Thinking of You from the Sheltering Tree set.
- The background is stamped using the Work Of Art in Pistachio Pudding & Wisteria Wonder ink. The butterflies are stamped in So Saffron from the Perpetual Birthday Calendar Collection.
- Adhere the white cardstock to the base.
- TIP: Make the Inside of your card stand out as well. I stamped a Wisteria Wonder whisp and added a set of butterflies to mimic the outside only a smaller version in the left hand corner.
- Use the Big Shot and the large butterfly framelit in Elegant Eggplant Cardstock. Hint: I use Wax paper to allow the butterfly to pull away from the framelit. The layers in order are Magnetic Plate – Clear Platform – Elegant Eggplant Cardstock – Wax paper – Framelit – Clear Platform.
- Adhere the butterfly to the cardstock using a stampin’ up dimensional.
- Dazzle the butterfly with Rhinestone jewels.
Categories: Card Samples