The poet Samuel Coleridge once described friendship as “a sheltering tree.” I feel this is a very true statement and what better way to express this by sending a ‘Thinking of You’ card. This set offers a variety of ‘fun’ items you can use in addition to the tree. A bike, a swing or a rake or you can just use the tree. The tree can be stamped in any season of the year, used as a Sympathy, Get Well, Happy Birthday and the list goes on.
- Cut a 11” x 4 1/4” piece of Baked Brown Sugar cardstock and fold it in half. This is your base.
- Cut a 5 1/4” x 4” piece of Pistachio Pudding cardstock which will be your 2nd layer on the outside.
- Cut (1) 5 1/4” x 4” (inside) and (1) 5” x 3 3/4” (outside) of Very Vanilla cardstock.
- Start by stamping your Tree in Chocolate Chip ink on the Very Vanilla cardstock.
- Stamp the Swing and saying in Chocolate Chip Ink. Depending on the card you may or may not want to stamp the swing. If you do, make sure you angle it out as if it has been swinging.
- Ensure all stamped ink is dry and rub the Embossing Buddy over the Very Vanilla cardstock. The Embossing Buddy prevents extra powder from sticking to your project.
- Stamp the leaves in Versamark ink.
- Sprinkle Blushing Bridge Embossing Powder over the leaves and use the Heat Tool to emboss the powder.
- Stamp the grass in Pistachio Pudding ink.
- Adhere the Very Vanilla to the Pistachio Pudding cardstock.
- Adhere the Pistachio Pudding cardstock to the Baked Brown Sugar (outside).
- Adhere the 5 ¼” x 4” Very Vanilla cardstock to the inside.
TIP: The Photopolymer stamps need a ‘firm’ surface. I use the Stampin’ Pierce Mat which provides the stability you need, especially on larger stamps. Make sure there are no trapped air bubbles or you will end up with an image missing limbs like I did.
Stamps: Sheltering Tree #137163
Categories: Card Samples