Christmas time is coming and I’m working hard on getting my cards out early this year! We made this card at my Stamp Camp and I think this was one of the favorites. I hope you enjoy it.
- Cut a 8-1/2 x 5-1/2″ piece of Old Olive Cardstock and fold it in half. This is your base.
- Cut a 5-1/4″ x 4″ piece of Crumb Cake Cardstock. This will be your base after we emboss it.
- Cut a 4″ x 3″ piece of Early Espresso Cardstock. This will be the window frame.
- Cut a 3-1/2″ x 1″ piece of Soft Sky Cardstock. This will be the window box.
- Cut a 3″ x 2-1/4″ piece of Shimmery White. Cardstock This will be the inside window.
- Cut a 3″ x 3/4″ piece of Shimmery White Cardstock. This will be the saying.
- Cut a 5-1/4″ x 4″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock. This will be the inside of card.
- Use scrap Old Olive & Cherry Cobbler Cardstock and punch out a flower using the Itty Bitty Punch.
- Cut a small piece of Tea Lace Doilies that will be adhered to the window box.
- Dry Emboss the Crumb Cake Cardstock using the Brick Wall Embossing Folder and Soft Suede ink. For this technique refer back to my blog on brick laying.
- Using the Hearth & Home Thinlits Dies cut the window using the Early Espresso and the window box using the Soft Sky Cardstock.
- Stamp the Happy Scenes Photopolymer stamp on the Shimmery White using the Early Espresso Ink and set aside to dry for a few minutes. TIP: Do not stamp the corner snowflakes until end of assembly so that they line up perfectly.
- On a clear block, add one drop of the Soft Sky from the refill bottle.
- Using the Aqua Painter add a small amount of water to the drop of Soft Sky to water it down a little.
- Outline the snow line and before it can dry, grab a baby wipe (any brand) and move the water/ink down on the cardstock. It will give the card a shadowing look.
- Stamp your saying in Cherry Cobbler ink on the Shimmery White.
- Adhere the Brick Crumb Cake Cardstock to the base.
- Adhere the Shimmery White snow scene to the back of the window frame and adhere the window to the bricks.
- Adhere the Doilie to the window box and trim off any side edges if needed. The window box can be popped up using dimensional or placed directly on the window frame. TIP: I adhered mine directly to the window frame since I wanted to pop up my saying.
- Stamp the snowflakes in the upper left hand corner of the window using Soft Sky.
- Adhere the flowers using a glue dot to the saying and pop this up diagonally onto the window box.
- Add a rhinestone and you are done!
Thank you for stopping by!
Supplies Used: (Click on the pictures to go shopping)
Supply List – Select this to print out the list of items used.
Categories: Card Samples