I’m playing with all my new products from the Occasions & Sale-A-Bration catalogs. The Birthday Blast stamp set is one of my favorites. My future daughter-in-law loves purple, so I decided to use that color for this inspiration. I love how the colors of this card just looks so elegant. This stamp set can also be bundled with the Star Blast Edgelets dies, so ‘bundle and save 10%’. I will be using the framelit next time for a gift that will go with this card to a very special lady so stay tuned.
- Cut a 11″ x 4 1/4″ piece of Elegant Eggplant cardstock and fold it in half. This is your base. The card will open vertically.
- Cut (2) 5 1/4″ x 4″ piece of Whisper White cardstock. One is for the inside of your card and one on top of your card.
- Cut 3 1/4″ x 1 1/4″ piece of Elegant Eggplant cardstock.
- Cut 3 1/2″ x 1 1/2″ piece of Silver Glimmer paper.
- Rub an embossing buddy on your small Elegant Eggplant cardstock. This will help reduce static so that embossing powder only sticks to to the Versamark.
- Ink your sentiment up in Versamark and stamp it on your cardstock.
- Sprinkle Silver Embossing Powder over the wet Versamark. *TIP: Tap excess powder off in a container or on a scrap piece of paper. If you see powder where you didn’t intend it to be, I keep a small paint brush handy and just sweep it off with the brush.
- Heat embossing powder with your Heat Tool. *TIP: Be careful you don’t burn your paper! Holding the paper towards a light source at an angle helps you to see when it is set. It goes from dull to shinny.
- Using Elegant Eggplant ink, stamp the image onto one of the Whisper White cardstock.
- Adhere the Whisper White cardstock to the base.
- Adhere the embossed Elegant Eggplant to the Silver Glimmer paper. I find using Stampin’ Fast Fuse tape or Tombow glue is the best.
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to popup the Glimmer paper.
- Add a few Rhinestones in the center of the stars and your card front is completed.
- For the inside, stamp sentiment saying in Elegant Eggplant and I added a few additional stars stamped randomly.
Embossing powder goes a long way and once you buy the basics (powder, heat tool & embossing buddy) there is no more expense to incur. The payoff is well worth it!
Click a picture to start shopping. Make sure you enter the current Hostess Code to be placed in a drawing. I appreciate your business and support.
Categories: Card Samples